Home  /  About us  /  Working at SHAPE  /  Internships  /  FAQ  /  Are there any additional requirements?

Are there any additional requirements?

  • Insurance: Interns are responsible for their own health and accident insurance. They are covered by accident insurance for occupational risks (invalidity/death) during the period of internship.
  • Administrative Formalities with Belgian Authorities: Interns will be responsible for fulfilling all administrative formalities required by the host nation. In December 2006, the Belgian Ministry of Foreign Affairs decided to introduce a special ID card for all temporary staff, consultants and interns. Thus, you do not need a visa for your internship but if you are from a non-EU country you will need a tourist visa to enter Belgium.

Search our content:


Rue Grande
7010 Mons

Media Operations

Public Affairs Office
Attn: Media Section
7010 Mons