Lieutenant General Konstantinos A. Koutras was born in Lamia, Hellas (Greece), on the 17th of April 1961. He was admitted to the Military Academy (Evelpidon Military Academy) in 1980, graduated in 1984 and was commissioned as Second Lieutenant in the Artillery.
Lieutenant General Koutras' command assignments include:
- Command of TRAINING AND DOCTRINE COMMAND of the ARMY GENERAL STAFF
- Command of 1st ARMY/EU-OHQ
- Command of C΄ ARMY CORPS/NRDC-GRC
- Command of NATO MISSILE FIRING INSTALLATION (NAMFI)
- Command of 88 MILITARY COMMAND "LEMNOS"
- Command of 181 Air Defence Artillery Battalion ("HAWK" missiles)
- Command of 108 Field Artillery Battalion ("M–109" s/p howitzers)
- Command of several Units at the Battery level during the first years of his career
He also served as Deputy Commander of the HELLENIC SUPREME JOINT WAR COLLEGE.
Lieutenant General Koutras' key staff assignments include:
- Army Inspector General
- Director of D΄ Branch (Strategy and Policy) of the HELLENIC NATIONAL DEFENSE GENERAL STAFF
- Deputy Chief of Staff Operations (DCOS OPS) of C΄ ARMY CORPS
- Director of Defence Planning and Programming Directorate (DP&PD) of the HELLENIC ARMY GENERAL STAFF
- Deputy Director of Defence Planning and Programming Directorate (DP&PD) of the HELLENIC ARMY GENERAL STAFF
- ACOS FCOORD and ACOS COMBAT SUPPORT of HQ NRDC-ESP
- Chief of Ops/Plans Section in G-4 Branch of the Support Division of HQ NRDC-GRC
- Plans Staff Officer in the Logistics Division (J-4) of JFC HQ NAPLES
- Staff Officer in staff posts equivalent to his rank during the first years of his career
On the 21st of January 2022, following a relevant decision of the Minister of National Defense, Lieutenant General Konstantinos A. Koutras was appointed as the National Military Representative of Greece at SHAPE.
He attended successfully all national schools for Field and Air Defence Artillery, the Air Defence Artillery "HAWK" Basic course in Ft Bliss, El Paso, Texas, USA, and is a graduate of the Hellenic Army Supreme War College (55th Training Group 1998–1999) as well as of the Hellenic National Defence College (61st Training Group 2008–2009). He has attended the NATO "Operational Planning", "Operational Logistics Planning", "Peace Support Operations" and "Expeditionary Logistics" courses as well as a postgraduate UNESCO programme on "Counter–Terrorism and International Security" and he holds the relative degree. He also holds a MA in Leadership of the Law Faculty of UK Kingston University.
Lieutenant General Koutras' military awards include all national decorations, commendations and medals provided for his rank, as well as the NATO medals for the service with NATO on operations related to Former Yugoslavia (SFOR) and Kosovo (KFOR).
He is married to Reta Antonopoulou–Koutras and the couple has a daughter, Aristea–Zoe and a son, Athanasios–Apostolos.
Greece National Page